Thai Massage is rapidly growing in popularity and can be a very rewarding career. However there are some important considerations which Thai Massage therapists need to be aware of.
There is lots of information and training available, but not much is written about the challenges that practitioners can encounter. Those issues can make the difference between a successful career and a failed one.
The positive side of a Thai Massage business
There are two sides to being a Thai Massage therapist. New practitioners might see mostly one side – the positive side – which is very real:
- Meaningful work with decent income
- Holistic, positive, and beneficial healing work
- Interaction with many interesting and wonderful people (clients and fellow therapists)
- The ability to have one’s own business
- Setting one’s own working hours
- Contributing something of value to the world